dear Ladies and Gents,
version "3.0.5" of openSUSE-Enlightenment (SOAD project) is out:
GWDG mirror will be updated to the version "3.0.5" but other mirrors will carry version "3.0.4_fixed".
the reason is quite simple: we created a kind of a "simple automatic profiler" for Xorg configuration files and it require some more polishing and testing. for the LiveCD it's useless, but it can "remember" your "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" configuration (quite a nice option for USB-sticks) and restore it when you plug a USB into the PC where X-server was already configured earlier.
1. you plug the USB-stick into the 1-st notebook, configure your keyboard layout and monitor with "sax2" and shutdown
2. you plug the same USB into another PC (2-nd).
3. when you return to the 1-st notebook the "profiler" looks at your motherboard details and restore "xorg.conf" from the backup.
4. when you return to the 2-nd PC your "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" also restored from the backup.
and it'll work for all PC's/notebooks you've booted with your USB-stick.
"Wicd" network configuration utility allow to create and restore profiles for a various networks - so it'd in general benefit the User.
it's just a simple version of the standard openSUSE "yast2-profiler" + "sumf" schema. the only advantage is that it doesn't require user input. if you make a manual adjustments of a "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" file then you need to run as 'root' the following command to store the backup manually:
> service create_xconf save-profile
all "backups" are stored in "/etc/X11/" folder with the detailed description of a PC's mobo.
Changelog (from version "3.0.4_fixed" to "3.0.5")
* Enlightenment is updated to the svn version r38808 (2009-01-27)
* USB-stick version has more "extra" packages then LiveCD (themes, software). for example the Ecomorph is included in USB version, but it also require manual installation of a proprietary (ATI/NVIDIA) drivers.
* "wireshark" is added
* both LiveCD and USB-stick versions now by default discover and use the existing "swap" partitions of a local machine on boot (if any) - it allows to lower the RAM requirements up to 64Mb (if the swap partition is sufficient - from 256Mb and higher)
* "lxappearance" and "lxtask" are back (thanks to sweyar!)
* several simple console apps like "telnet", "ipcalc" are added as well
* removed preconfigured "Favorite Applications" for Enlightenment-DR17
* fixed "nosound" issues for a vast amount of a PC's due to the update of the "alsa-driver-kmp-default" kernel drivers/modules.
* the documentation is slightly improved - Welcome.pdf
* defaults for Enlightenment-DR17 "suspend" and "hibernate" are set to work with "pm-tools" (you can open "/etc/enlightenment/sysactions.conf" file and change the parameters if not satisfied)
* other miscellaneous fixes, improvements and probably some new bugs are also there :)
hope you like the results! please, leave your comments here in any case - your feedback help us to improve the system.
(on behalf of a SOAD team)
Господа и Дамы,
мы решились на релиз версии 3.0.5 нашего маленького проекта:
Основная страница загрузки
надеемся, что Вы соизволите прочитать кратенькое описание на английском выше и не будете разочарованы результатами наших трудов.
пишите камменты. удачи и всех благ!